Can I change my birth certificate?
A birth certificate is a historical record and as such it cannot be re-issued in a new name. However, only in the following circumstances is it possible to change the name on a birth certificate:
- You want to change your child's first name within 12 months of birth
- You want to change your child's surname to that of the father (un-married couples)
- You have married the father since the birth was registered
- You have undergone gender re-assignment
- The birth was registered in Scotland (see Name Change in Scotland for more info)
Please contact us for further advice relating to your specific circumstances.
Need Help? Chat Online with The UK Deed Poll Office London Ltd.
Click here to start talking
Tel: 0203 318 0245