The UK Deed Poll Office

Can I change my educational certificates?

An educational certificate from, for example, GCSE, A Level or Degree course examinations is much like a birth certificate, in as far as it is an historical record, issued correctly in the name you were known by at the time.

Therefore, you cannot have your educational certificates re-issued in your new name. This isn't a problem, however, as you simply need to present your Deed Poll alongside your certificates, for example at a job interview.

If you are currently in training or education then you will need to notify your training provider or educational establishment, i.e. college or university, of your name change. They will then register your new name with the relevant exam board and therefore your future certificates will be in your new name.

Share |

Related Pages:

Quick Select



Live Chat

Need Help? Chat Online with The UK Deed Poll Office London Ltd.

Click here to start talking

Contact Us

Tel: 0203 318 0245